The Voluntary Benefits Association will provide three (3) annual $3,500 scholarships to college students (Junior’s or Senior’s) enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university’s Gamma Iota Sigma recognized Actuarial Science and/or Insurance & Risk Management Programs. The criteria will be established by the Awards & Scholarship committee. Our concept will be:
- To cover all expenses, including: airfare, hotel, transfers, food and spending money, to attend an industry leading conference and/or event
- Assign a VBA experienced active member to introduce and expose, a future industry leader, to the Voluntary Benefits vertical
- This will also provide the opportunity for sponsors to interview any potential candidate for future employment
- With prior experience relative to this program, we have introduced over 25 students, to potential employers, whereby such employers made the candidate an employment offer
- Our goal will be to provide three (3) scholarships in 2021, with the potential to increase to five (5) in 2022 and ten (10) by 2023, anticipating additional scholarships beyond 2023
- The recipient shall also receive, at not cost, all course materials, access to instructors, and videos with three (3) opportunities to pass our Certified Voluntary Benefit Specialist® industry leading certification
- This will have a positive impact in helping growth the future experts within the Voluntary Benefits industry
Additionally, we will have a job listing portal for members to post job openings which will provide no cost access to college students.
For information in helping to fund our scholarship program, please reach out to email@example.com or contact the Executive Director, Sarah Hunt at (585) 698-6836.