Welcome to the VBA!
The Voluntary Benefits Association is the first national non-profit trade association
focused on Voluntary Benefits for employer and affinity groups. Our goal is to
promote the education, implementation and enrollment of Voluntary Benefits in the workplace.
About the VBA
The Voluntary Benefits Association (VBA), is the nation’s largest, leading non-profit in voluntary benefits, also known as ancillary or supplemental insurance. As THE national influencers we serve as the central point of communication for the industry, offering networking, education, and latest updates on the trends, best practices and innovations for:
Insurance Brokers & Consultants
Human Resource Executives
Voluntary Benefit Service Providers
We focus on improving the health of our partners and their teams through the sharing of proven strategies and success stories of employee benefit solutions.
- To raise awareness of the advantages Voluntary Benefits have for employees and plan members.
- To provide a reliable source of information, statistics and research data on Voluntary Benefits for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
- To create a central point of communication and networking for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
- To perform research and surveys in the area of Voluntary Benefits.
- To bring the Voluntary Benefits industry together to find more efficient and effective ways to educate, implement and enroll Voluntary Benefits.
- To reduce the costs for members of the association in enrolling or administering their voluntary benefit programs through group purchasing power.
- To work to find new systems, technologies and methods that create more effective enrollment; and to increase employee and plan member participation in Voluntary Benefits.
- To identify new voluntary benefit insurance plans and products that the VBA’s employer and affinity group members wish to be created and work with insurance companies to create these needed projects.
Founded in 2008, the Voluntary Benefits Association (VBA) is the first and only non-profit trade association in the supplemental insurance industry. The VBA received it’s 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service in 2014. Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the exemption of business leagues, which are not organized for profit and no part of the net earnings of which goes to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. The Voluntary Benefits Association does not have shareholders or investors.
How is the Voluntary Benefits Association Different?
Unlike other organizations who solely focus on either the Agent/Broker community, Insurance Carriers, or the Human Resource and Benefits community; the VBA is committed to engaging all stakeholders within the corporate healthcare and employee benefits ecosystem. The VBA bridges the gap between Employers and their Benefits team, often referred to as the Healthcare/Benefit Sponsors or Buyers; the Carriers and Service Providers; as well as the essential “Advisors,” the Agents, Brokers and Consultants that counsel and guide Plan Sponsors into making the best choice for their workforce.
Why was the Voluntary Benefits Association Created?
The Voluntary Benefits Association was created to promote and protect the interests of the multi-billion dollar, multi-million participant industry. The VBA was also founded as an employer and affinity group coalition. Many employers and affinity groups do not know where to turn to find out what are the best Voluntary Benefits products to offer their employees, who the best Voluntary Benefits insurance companies are, or who are the best enrollment firms or technology firms. Many employers and affinity groups are looking for new innovative products and new ways to improve education, enrollment and participation in Voluntary Benefits. The Voluntary Benefits Association will work to accomplish these goals on behalf of our employer and affinity group members.
For more information on the Voluntary Benefits Association, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
VBA GIVES BACK
When you join the VBA community, a percentage of those proceeds are donated to help fund underserved populations. VBA’s philanthropic partner, Trinity Oaks, is a nonprofit founded on the premise that active participation in the outdoors is a powerful, healing, and fundamentally life-changing experience. Through your support, together we can make a difference in the lives of others.